Silver Linings Playbook – Lockdown Fave

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 77 total)
  • Author

patriotic1
    Participant

That’s okay everybody does that every once in awhile. How’s work going or are u not working

patriotic1
    Participant

Hey Matt how are u today I am doing well. I recently got a George strait CD in the mail

matt2020
    Participant

Hi there, sorry for late reply. How’s the CD?

patriotic1
    Participant

It is awesome I am really enjoying it, my friend zoe Miller is being bullied on facebook

matt2020
    Participant

Hi there, glad you like your CD. Music is an important part of life. Sorry to hear about your friend. Hope they are OK. You should report abusive behaviour

matt2020
    Participant

PS you are probably wondering about the cricket.

We are now in the 4th Test of the Series. Australia have won 1. India have won 1. And 1 was a draw. So Even Stephen so far.

This is the last 5 day Test. So everything depends on this. We are in the 4th day and could go either way. The tension mounts.

patriotic1
    Participant

Hey Matt sorry I havent been on here for awhile, havent been feeling well. But dont worry it’s not covid just a head cold, but I am feeling better today

matt2020
    Participant

Hi patriotic1,

Sorry to hear about the head cold. Good to hear you’re feeling better now.

I think most people are in Survival Mode ATM. Getting thru each day is all that matters now

patriotic1
    Participant

Yes so how are things in Australia, hope u are doing well health wise

matt2020
    Participant

Hi there, things are OK in Australia. We lost the cricket to India…sad face. I’m getting there. Health up and down but surving. Weather warming up which is nice

patriotic1
    Participant

Hey there, glad you are feeling better. Elliot barfield said he wants me to stop messaging him I thought he was my friend. Oh well I dont need people like that in my life, so it’s his loss for dissing me.

smancent
    Participant

Hey everyone! Glad to hear you’re okay.

You got that right. Definitely his loss!

matt2020
    Participant

Yes, his loss. Life goes on.

Good to hear everyone is OK. Hang in there. Things are improving

patriotic1
    Participant

Yeah, well it hurt but I got a message from him today saying that we are still friends I am confused

matt2020
    Participant

Great news. These are difficult times and we are all stressed

matt2020
    Participant

You know sometimes it helps not to over think things. It is good that you have your friend back

patriotic1
    Participant

Yes it is

matt2020
    Participant

It is. It is. Hot day here.

patriotic1
    Participant

Hey Matt, hope you are staying cool. I watched the movie slender man and I am also reading the book the outsider by Stephen king

matt2020
    Participant

Hi, overcast but humid here. Hoping it will pour and clear up for tomorrow as would like to do some fishing in the evening.

Don’t know the movie or the book so will have to Google them to find out more.

patriotic1
    Participant

Hey Matt that’s okay. Its cold and cloudy here in Georgia, I watched a very good movie last night called the freedom writers

matt2020
    Participant

Think Ive seen it. What was the movie about?

patriotic1
    Participant

High schoolers in like the bad parts of town and people just wrote them off until a teacher invested her time and resources in helping them and they all ended up going to college

matt2020
    Participant

Ah yes, I have seen it. An interesting story. It is amazing what people can do when encouraged and supported…

patriotic1
    Participant

Yes it is and very encouraging too

matt2020
    Participant

Yes there are a lot of positive stories out there about overcoming. One that amazed me was The Spirit of St. Louis story. Very inspiring

patriotic1
    Participant

Yes that is true. So how have you been today, I am doing well

matt2020
    Participant

Hi my day good. Health up and down so I try to get more out of the good days. Great to hear you are well.

What Lindbergh did, in 1927, amazes me:
    “Lindbergh faced unfathomable dangers: darkness, fog, thunderheads, ice and mounting sleeplessness, which induced mirages, including ghosts in the fuselage.

He periodically removed the Spirit’s plastic window and descended close enough to the water for the spray off the whitecaps to revive him.

After 25 hours aloft, Lindbergh spotted a fishing boat. Lowering his plane, he leaned out the window and yelled, “Which way is Ireland?”

Adrenalin fueled the rest of the journey—over England and the Channel and the Seine. Outside Paris, he identified the floodlit field on which he would set his plane down—33 1/2 hours after taking off. In that instant, a new age of celebrity commenced.”

patriotic1
    Participant

That is very interesting never heard all that, I guess they did not teach all of that in my history classes in school. My dad preached today at church since my pastor went out of town. You see my dad is a preacher that’s what he does for a living

matt2020
    Participant

All good. There is a very good movie on Lindbergh which is very inspiring. He did it against the odds.

Hope your father is well and the message was good. I worked as a missionary yrs ago but poor health means I had to give it away.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions or Concerns?

Have a question about Special Bridge? Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Contact Us
Mailing List Signup

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be up-to-date with the latest Special Bridge news and articles.

Your privacy is always important to us. We will not give your name or email address to any third-parties.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up