Reply To: Can love and disability co-exist?

thewheeldeal

Well I realize this is an old topic but I am new here so I’ll go ahead and put in my two cents worth. First of all let me say I am new to being disabled. I’ve only been in a wheelchair for 2 years. At the time of my injury I was in a relationship and we had been seeing each other for 6 years. After my accident when I was told I may never walk again she decided that the relationship was not working.
While yes it did hurt I am not sure I am ready to throw in the towel just yet. Do I think it will be easy to find love again? Yes. Will it be easy No. Are the odds against me? Yes. I do understand that the likelihood of me finding someone who will love me the way I am are slim. At the same time what I look for in a relationship and how I approach dating has changed. I don’t look to get into a romantic relationship with any lady. I know it will take time and for anyone to fall in love with someone like me would take a strong foundation in friendship. I no longer go into a relationship with romance as the end game. It is strictly friendship and then see what happens.

Questions or Concerns?

Have a question about Special Bridge? Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Contact Us
Mailing List Signup

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be up-to-date with the latest Special Bridge news and articles.

Your privacy is always important to us. We will not give your name or email address to any third-parties.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up