Inclusive gyms

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

maddyoneil
    Participant

I started working out at this nonprofit gym called Inclusive Fitness, up in my state. It’s a gym made for people with disabilties (not physical therapy though). You can work one on one with a trainer on exercises that can fot your needs. It was founded by a man who needed a gym for his son with Autism. Some of us with disabilties have sensory issues and find it hard working out in a typical gym. This place has soft LED lights and noise cancelling equipment that can help that.

They can help work on strength, agility. balance stuff. My personal favorite exercisesI work on are the medicine ball throw, the ladder, and theraband rows. The one in MA where I live is the only location now but they are hoping to have more locations across the country in the future.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions or Concerns?

Have a question about Special Bridge? Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Contact Us
Mailing List Signup

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be up-to-date with the latest Special Bridge news and articles.

Your privacy is always important to us. We will not give your name or email address to any third-parties.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up