How to know if you need therapist or not?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

angelakswope
    Participant

I have fear of public speaking. I get panicked whenever i am around in public. Thing is you can tell just how uncomfortable i am and people wonder why, what’s wrong, what did they do, they just asked a question/said something to be friendly what’s this response or lack of.. why i react like this, you know.. I am taking medication to overcome the anxiety. But i don’t know if its working or not. I was reading this article http://www.phobiaman.co.uk/is-phobia-treatment-for-me/ and now i think i should give a try to therapy sessions. I don’t know how effective are these therapies. looking for some advice before joining

maddyoneil
    Participant

Depends on your anxiety or social skills. Find a therapist who is really good with Anxiery or Autism. My therapist is helping me with using strategies, overcoming my breakup, family issues.

patriotic1
    Participant

Yeah I agree got a good theraptist

smancent
    Participant

If you tried everything yourself to cope but you feel that you need help, like it’s too overwhelming to handle alone, it’s always good to seek the help of a professional.

patriotic1
    Participant

Yeah but also other things can help relieve stress too

matt2020
    Participant

Hi all. I find exercise a great way to overcome anxiety. A walk helps relieve stress.

patriotic1
    Participant

True to that too

smancent
    Participant

Indeed, a long walk does, Deep breaths too.

patriotic1
    Participant

Yes and sometimes journaling I have done alot of journaling

smancent
    Participant

Have you tried the app where you write to yourself and you’d be able to set the date to see it in the future?

patriotic1
    Participant

No I have never heard of that before

foureyes
    Participant

IMO, and a person currently in therapy. If you think you need therapy, you probably need therapy. There is too much of a taboo/stignatism about therapy, that the people that might need it dont reach out/get help because of their idea of what family and society in general think. I dont know what your fanily might think, but as general “nobody” I believe in prentative mainetenance, and not waiting to a point of complete helplessness before seeking help. Your welcome to reach out to me if you need additional perspective or support. Empowering each other is the least we can all do help others, even those people we may not know. Good luck, and best wishes earthling.

katiemahar
    Participant

As stated above, dealing with stress can be very drowning! Although, I don’t have anxiety, and I’m not trying to speak for those who do, but, I hear that reading a book or even better writing a story is a great way to distract your thoughts. Im not saying to forget what you’re stressed about, I’m saying to do something differently and see if you like that outcome better or not.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions or Concerns?

Have a question about Special Bridge? Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Contact Us
Mailing List Signup

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be up-to-date with the latest Special Bridge news and articles.

Your privacy is always important to us. We will not give your name or email address to any third-parties.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up