How do you keep relationships amidst COVID-19 ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

smancent
    Participant

Social distancing and mass gathering are implemented, and we don’t get to see our relatives and friends. How have your relationships been since the lockdowns? What do you do to keep people in your life?

justagoof78
    Participant

This is actually quite a good question. SO, I’m not sure where you stand on all the Covid restrictions, but personally, I’ve continued to hold family gatherings even with the lockdown in place. Where I’m located there aren’t strict rules being enforced. No, I wouldn’t gather 50 people at a local restaurant right now, that would very likely get you a visit from the law enforcement folks but, I have done several gatherings at my home. I’ve simply explained that I won’t be enforcing mask protocol since this is private property, and if you have concerns about this you are encouraged to decline the invitation. I’ve made certain that hand sanitizer was readily available, and masks and gloves for those who wished to use them. I’ve also made a point not to invite those who don’t have a little common sense. By this, I mean simply that, if you have been in the presence of someone who is sick with something that could be Covid, please don’t come. Covid and it’s symptoms effect different people differently, and this I very much do know. I myself had the virus early last year, and while it was certainly challenging, I was fortunate enough to not require hospitalization, and was only sick for a little over 3 weeks. I still continued to self-quarantine for an additional 2 weeks after symptoms subsided just to be on the safe side. I don’t have anyone special in my life at the moment but, were this person in existence I’d definitely not stop seeing them just because of the virus. I think there is a very fine line between precaution, and full life disruption. One of our local newscasters said it best once, and I don’t believe anyone has the right answer to this question. This quote paraphrased from the newscast that caught my attention: Which will be the most far-reaching impact of the Corona virus, those who lost their lives to the virus, or those who lost their lives due to the economic shutdown and widespread deconstruction of the nation’s economic system.
    I’m not at all saying mind you, that one is right and one is wrong, I’m only pointing out that, there are definite issues on either side of that coin. My heart absolutely goes out to anyone who lost a loved one as a result of this evil horid mutation known as Covid.

patriotic1
    Participant

Hey I believe that long distance relationships can be real

justagoof78
    Participant

OH I completely and totally agree. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with a long distance relationship. This is made ever easier with the technologies that are available today. I remember when telephones were about all we had, and at that, long distance charges were a thing. Now, you can get an inexpensive cellphone with unlimited calling and texting, and if you are looking an even less expensive options, there’s always google hangouts. I love that thing…that, and google voice.

patriotic1
    Participant

Well that’s wonderful

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions or Concerns?

Have a question about Special Bridge? Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Contact Us
Mailing List Signup

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be up-to-date with the latest Special Bridge news and articles.

Your privacy is always important to us. We will not give your name or email address to any third-parties.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up