High function adult

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sarahmarunowski
    Participant

Hello, since my autism is only considered mild when I was diagnosed, I’m considered a “High functioning adult”. That means I can get a job, learn to drive, maintain conversations, and have the ability to live on my own paying bills such as car insurance.

I’m just wondering if there are any other people on here that are high functioning, cause I honestly feel like the only one, lol 😅

maddyoneil
    Participant

I have an Autism diagnoses. Really smart, strong memory skills, high IQ, very verbal learner.

sarahmarunowski
    Participant

Okay that’s cool. I plan on living on my own one day, but I need a real, full time job before doing that. I did go to college and got my associate’s degree, but however what I went to college for doesn’t interest me anymore. I still feel like I’m honestly too high functioning for this website, as it seems not many people finished college and those that did, only have credit. Plus I’m just a deep thinker, I like looking at complex issues. I’ve honestly been hanging out Christian websites for talking because I feel like people better understand me on there, than on here.

patriotic1
    Participant

Cool what Christian sites are there ones for people with disabilities

icecatboy
    Participant

I have Asperger’s or HFA and plus i am new here.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions or Concerns?

Have a question about Special Bridge? Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Contact Us
Mailing List Signup

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be up-to-date with the latest Special Bridge news and articles.

Your privacy is always important to us. We will not give your name or email address to any third-parties.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up