fell for a scammer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

anjalilnoronha
    Participant

I just found out person I love was a scam artist. I feel sad and heartbroken. I gave them 600 dollars. I thought I had found true love. Sucks not being able to read body language very well.

krypticmonkey
    Participant

Scammers are the scourge of the earth…especially when they prey on the disabled.

I’m sorry you had to experience such toxicity.

This experience can only make you stronger and wiser!

Don’t give up on love! There is someone special out there for each and every one of us!!!

kaladin
    Participant

I’m so sorry that happened! What a piece of scum he was…..I hope you get through this and end up finding someone special 🙂

sng31
    Participant

I don’t know how to keep that from happening I’m scared anime in real life except I know what he was doing and let him do it anyway and I don’t and don’t think it may have already happened online was but I’m smart enough to tell strangers no you need to wait for a face-to-face before you give them anything just advice please when it does happen to not feel the shame it’s their shame not yours

bump1n
    Participant

It is already in past,just take experience from this and be careful in future to be your last scam

therealdeal84
    Participant

They is everywhere they hurt those who is lonely in need of love scam take advantage of those

smancent
    Participant

This is common to those who fall in love via online. Since it is online dating, there is less or no physical interaction making it easier for one party to take advantage while the other one is vulnerable. That is why when you fall in love always balance things and be wise.

justagoof78
    Participant

I’m so so very sorry that happened to you, and I have a few tips from personal near misses of mine when it comes to scammers. If you fall in love with someone online, First and foremost, don’t send them money. Most of the time in my experience, when you run upon a scammer that’s really their end game is to see if they can get money from you. If they have a need, and it’s a minor one that you want to fill, send them the thing it is they need, but never money. Chances are quite good that if you’re dealing with a scam artist, they’ll suddenly disappear once they figure out you’re not giving them money. Secondly, online dating is great, but there does come a point when meeting is a must. Now some may say, that if both of you have a disability this becomes a challenge, but I’ve yet to see a true love situation in which this wasn’t figured out. TO put it into prospective, Years ago my very first Girlfriend was a c4 quad. She literally had no movement below her neck. Even despite that, she and I saved up the money to rent an accessible hotel suite in a town between our two locations, and met, all of this within about 8 months of beginning to talk online. Furthermore, if she had not been able to travel at all even with the help of support assistance, I would have traveled to meet her. Fortunately my disability is only blindness, so no insurmountable travel barriers there. Last but not least, If you are talking to someone online, and notice a lack of interest in having genuine meaningful conversation outside of the subject of the romantic relationship, I find this to be cause for concern. Usually scammers don’t have anything to share, since they’re only there to either suck money out of the disabled person they are talking too, or else to waste your time…usually they want something in my experience though.
    I genuinely hope all of you are fortunate enough to never come in contact with a scammer…they are truly, as someone else stated earlier, pond skum.

patriotic1
    Participant

Totally agree

miraclemiracle581
    Participant

Hi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions or Concerns?

Have a question about Special Bridge? Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Contact Us
Mailing List Signup

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be up-to-date with the latest Special Bridge news and articles.

Your privacy is always important to us. We will not give your name or email address to any third-parties.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up