New To Site – Now What?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

nostoppingmyzen
    Participant

I just joined the site and it appears that some parts of the site are not working. I have created a profile and uploaded a picture.

Now what?

karrin
    Participant

Hello there, I joined the site about 2 months ago and noticed that the site does need some help. It is a good idea they have going here but it needs more people and a better version or app for this site. It is so true that folks that struggle with any type of disability do get judged and discarded by main stream society. I am still poking around this site for people of any age or type of disability that would just enjoy a conversation. Obviously everyone here would like to find a partner and I think it is a great idea to network all of us who do struggle with a disability, we are more accepting of one another. If nothing else we can build a network of good friends and if a partner type relationship comes from it then that is awesome too.
    I noticed it has been a couple months since you started this forum so I hope you do get a notification to read this message. Please do feel free to contact me back any time. Have an awesome day.

dconso

yes i do believe as you do to create a social arrangement online, and must end stigmas that exist. I am looking for someone but it seems my disability gets in the way, usually I change in the eyes of the other person. I wanted to open a conversation with you and engage with you on the ailments as we are both on the same page with them.

narsatya
    Participant

Hmm,, right.. I have been here for over 3 years but the site is not yet fully functional..

keithw77
    Participant

Almost a week and I’m still looking to meet people. I know there is bound to be more people out there who want to talk or even who is ready for a relationship. I have a brain injury but I am not brain dead! I am not into this for games or to be played. It is so difficult to find an intelligent woman

cavyboo
    Participant

I just signed up today and I’m a bit disappointed to see that these forums are lacking. There seems to be quite a lot of members but there aren’t many options to have much of a community. Just looking at people’s profiles and such. Like everyone else, I’m interested in a significant other but I’m also very interested in just communicating with the community…

sarahmarunowski
    Participant

@Cavyboo me too ;-;…I’ve honestly found people more interested in what I have to say on Christian websites than on here, that’s why I haven’t been logging in, cause it seems like most people on here don’t know how to properly use a networking/dating website, not being mean just saying the truth cause it is true: I’m a “high-functioning person”, I have disabilities but they are mild and I have the skills to be able to live on my own. Maybe I should leave this website, lol.

cavyboo
    Participant

@sarahmarunowski Yeah, I think I’m going to cancel my membership after just a few days, there’s just no point in keeping it. The site is sorely lacking to help facilitate a community feel like the site boasts that it has. It definitely doesn’t have a community to speak of. So sad. It makes me want to make my own website all about the “disabled” community rather than dating and if someone finds a significant other through those means, that would be awesome. Maybe that’s just me since I was first and foremost looking to simply discuss topics with other people who have similar experiences to mine. I tried this website since it seemed the most popular, but I also hate the name… “Special” Bridge… seriously?! Arg! Thanks for the reply and good luck out there! 🙂

sarahmarunowski
    Participant

@cavyboo sure no problem ^_^, yeah if you made a website where it’s just about talking, and not dating that would be cool. Thanks and hope everything goes well for you too.

keithw77
    Participant

hey Sarah. Name is Keith from North Carolina. How are you? and my Email is kwhitak@yahoo.com

sarahmarunowski
    Participant

@keithw77, never, NEVER, give out your email, really bad idea, you don’t know who might try to use your email to login into websites you signed up on.

keithw77
    Participant

It’s a bad habit. Honestly I’m not sure what to expect but I guess one thing was proven, Someone does read this site. I need to get mem again but I am hesitant because I’m not sure if anyone actually wants to talk let alone build a relationship. Personally, I’m tired of getting devastated or played a fool just because I have a brain injury. I myself am a high functioning person though my back is killing me where I fell and landed across a dining room chair on my back. I’ll be ok though. So what about yourself? What are some things about you? I’m 42 and have many interest with a few hobbies from Animals to electronics to literature.

patriotic1
    Participant

I have aspergers

smancent
    Participant

Hey there! Have you connected with anyone yet? Youn can ask away or browse through some interesting and helpful information in the forum.

patriotic1
    Participant

No not yet

keithw77
    Participant

Hey y’all. Hows it going? I’m doing ok. I’m just sitting here passing time answering the phone in ridiculous ways at scams. So patriotic one, mind telling me a bit more about yourself?

patriotic1
    Participant

I am 39 years old and have aspergers which is a form ofautism

keithw77
    Participant

Hey, good evening. Hope you are doing well. What kinds of things do you do for fun? I have several hobbies from amateur radio to cooking to computers. I try to push myself beyond even what I think I can do just to keep myself learning. I am not a genius by any means but I try to build on my intelligence. You look like you are pretty intelligent. That is one attribute I am looking for. I am not looking for perfection. Honestly, that does not exist. I am also looking for someone who is not afraid to call. I don’t mind texting but it is not the best with carpal tunnel which is why I’m back and forth from lap top on table to the desk top PC. I do love my ham radio. I going to begin studying for “Extra” soon. I am a “general” right now. I’m the middle license. Like I think told you, I do love to cook.

patriotic1
    Participant

I like to read and journaling, and making rubber band

patriotic1
    Participant

I love to bake

patriotic1
    Participant

Hi what kind of disability do u have

keithw77
    Participant

Good evening. I have a traumatic brain injury as of 1996 from auto accident. I’m proving all the doctors wrong every day by doing things none thought I would ever do. I do have limitations however. My left side is not as strong as it used to be. I do drive again however

patriotic1
    Participant

Hi that is awesome that you have proven doctors wrong. Do u like scary movies

macveery
    Participant

Our body is ours, and no one can limit what we can or cannot do. Keep proving them wrong.

Wishing you the best

patriotic1
    Participant

Yes that is true

keithw77
    Participant

Good morning. I’m doing pretty well so far today. My back is giving me a fit but I took some prescribed meds. I messed up my back not from the accident but I was using a kitchen chair as a step stool, lost my balance and fell on the chair where it went across my lower back. I got lucky as it didn’t cause any severe ramifications but I do deal with back pain and my left leg gets cold and does turn to a red color but it goes back to normal. Today, I am contemplating on rebuilding this old PC over here and using it for ham radio. I have to get a new disc drive for it but It’s the same specs as a cyber power gaming PC. It has AMD quad core processor and Nvidia graphics card

patriotic1
    Participant

So sorry to hear that

keithw77
    Participant

I’m feeling much better at the moment but thank you. I hope you had a great day

patriotic1
    Participant

I did and I had a great Thanksgiving hope u did too

keithw77
    Participant

Yeah. I brought a lot of it home with me but the cat helped me with the turkey! I think I gained 10 pounds but I have a year to loose it. So what are you doing today? I am not really doing much of anything. I got back from church and fixed me a bite to eat. Now I’m at PC and fixing to cut the ham radio on. As far as Thanksgiving goes, It was fun.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Questions or Concerns?

Have a question about Special Bridge? Feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.

Contact Us
Mailing List Signup

By subscribing to our mailing list you will always be up-to-date with the latest Special Bridge news and articles.

Your privacy is always important to us. We will not give your name or email address to any third-parties.

SIGN INTO YOUR ACCOUNT CREATE NEW ACCOUNT

Your privacy is important to us and we will never rent or sell your information.

CREATE ACCOUNT ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT?

FORGOT YOUR DETAILS?

Go up